From Hilary and, according to her, “the best pumpkin recipe of all time…” with Delicata as a close second! I have to say, it is awesome (even after all these years Hilary!), though it might be better if she just came out and made it for me 😉 I think it’s official, everyone loves risotto.
- 1 ½ c sugar pumpkin grated
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 1 T olive oil chopped sage
- 1 cup Arborio rice dash white wine
- 1 c parmesan salt to taste
- 2 cups chicken stock (may need another cup or two of stock or water)
In large pot sauté onion in oil until translucent, add the rice and sage and start stirring, add the stock ¼- ½ at a time, stirring until it is absorbed, then adding more. When half the stock is used up, add the pumpkin. When the rice is almost done add the wine and at the very end, add the parm. Salt to taste. The rice is done when al dente.