This recipe was posted in the Brookline Patch, along with some cute banter about greens and CSA. As a side note, the plight of Shanna, the author, is exactly why we don’t start our CSA earlier than we do… some folks out there don’t want a box of greens for 8 weeks before the cukes and beans come in 🙂
picture from Shanna’s article ‘The Bounty Hunter’ in the Brookline Patch
Harukai Turnips with Garlic Scapes and Spring Greens
Time: 15 minutes
- 1 small red onion
- 5-6 garlic scapes, divided
- 1 bunch Harukai turnips (about 4 small-medium) with greens
- 1 bunch delicate cooking greens, such as beet, spinach, or arugula
- 2 Tbsp olive oil, divided
- 2 Tbsp butter,divided
- sea salt
- freshly ground black pepper
Peel onion, halve lengthwise, and slice into thin half-moons. Cut off top of each garlic scape, just below the white bud, and discard tops.
Read the rest of the recipe here.