Member Marie-Jose sent this and says “we had it tonight and it is great” … I bet it was beautiful too!
- 6 (8-ounce) fillets wild king salmon
- Sea salt, as needed
- Vegetable oil for baking sheet
- 2 shallots, peeled and very thinly sliced
- 1 and a half cups white wine
- 2 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 4 springs fresh thyme
- 2 cinnamon sticks, broken in half
- 1 and a third cups blueberries
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 2 tablespoons honey
- Black pepper.
Run your fingers over the salmon flesh and pull out any pinbones. Season fish generously with salt and let rest at room temperature while you prepare the sauce.
Heat the oven to 400 degrees. Oil a large baking sheet.
In a medium saucepan over low heat, simmer together shallots, wine, vinegar, thyme, cinnamon and a pinch of salt until most of the liquid has evaporated, 15 to 20 minutes. Toss in blueberries, butter and honey; cook until berries soften and turn the sauce pink, 2 to 4 minutes.
Place salmon on baking sheet. Spoon berry mixture over salmon and season with pepper. Bake until salmon is cooked to desired doneness, 8 to 10 minutes for medium-rare.